Sunday, July 5, 2009

Still Waiting...

To answer everyone's question, no, we haven't heard a surgery date yet. I emailed the Variety Heart Center yesterday to let them know that we are more than willing to head out to Edmonton on a couple of days' notice. Rus' work has been amazing and has let him take time off for all Maddie's appointments, as well as taking all the time he needs for her surgery and recovery. The health nurse was here last week and said Madelyn's heartbeat is still strong and steady, for which we are so thankful and give all credit to the power of God.

And Maddie has started smiling! It's so cute. Sometimes we can make her smile, but my favorite is when I go to get her in the morning and she grins when she sees me. Awww! It's hard to get a picture of it though, she's not very cooperative sometimes.

Thanks so much for all the support you've given us. The responses we've gotten on this blog and in other forms have made me cry on many occasions. It's overwhelming to know that so many care about us and Madelyn and are praying for us. But I am wondering how long I can blame my emotionalness (not a word, I know) on postpartum hormones...

This has been a very random blog entry, but I thought I should let everyone know what's going on. And now I need to go turn off our tv because it's playing a Rita MacNeil special and I really don't want to listen to this. We had finished watching the Bourne Supremacy and I guess this is what followed. Wierd combination, Bourne Supremacy then Rita MacNeil. Yeah, I should go to sleep. Thanks again for praying, and please keep it up! Maddie sends everyone a smile.

1 comment:

  1. Rus and Bonnie,
    Keep looking up. God loves your baby more than you do and he is in control of all things. We are praying for you as you head to Edmonton for the surgery in a weeks time. God will go ahead of you as he has promised.
    love Mom

    ReplyDelete